Tania and I have an indepth conversation about technology, being women leaders in the tech industry and challenges we’ve overcome in the process.
Tania Burstin is the founder and managing director of mycause, an Australian award-winning cause funding platform. Tania is a three-time Telstra Business award finalist and a top 50 women fintech leader. Mycause is Australia’s number 1 platform for online fundraising and crowdfunding, giving Australians accessible ways to donate to causes that matter to them.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW SHOW
Please subscribe to the show on your favourite podcast directory and we appreciate you leaving a rating and review. We read all reviews on future episodes!
IN THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- Online fundraising and crowdfunding in Australia
- Tania’s journey in building this award winning platform
- Understanding charity regulations
- Who can raise money and what types of causes you can raise money for
- Personal cause and pledge based crowdfunding
- How you can change someone’s life by raising funds for them
- The most unusual charity that raised money
- How Covid 19 impacted mycause and the not for profit industry
- Tania shares how she and her family are adapting to life through the pandemic
ABOUT TANIA BURSTIN
Tania Burstin, a business woman and social entrepreneur, started mycause, an online fundraising and crowdfunding platform in 2009 after noticing a gap in the market for donation sponsorship.
Mycause has over 6500 charity partners and has raised more than $140 million for Australian community groups, charities and individuals.
Mycause was a Finalist in the Telstra Australian Business Awards (Vic) 2013, 2015, 2016.
Tania was named in the ‘Female Fintech Founders’ project as a female Fintech entrepreneur in 2018 and a Monash Global Fellow in 2019. Tania is a thought leader in the crowdfunding community and regularly commentates on charitable fundraising in Australia. When she is not helping to raise money for causes she is riding her bike.